15 Engineers Road Roslyn NY 11576
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON Madison, WI
Major: Journalism and Mass Communication, Legal Studies 8/2009-Present
Overall GPA: 3.7/4.0
APPLE & EVE, LLC Port Washington, NY
Apple & Eve, LLC is a privately owned manufacturer and marketer of premium, natural fruit juices 5/2009-8/2009
Marketing/Social Media Intern
- Assisted in building its new beverage product “Fruitables” in the social media space; helped create a Facebook for Apple & Eve, located mommy bloggers for outreach and created on-going dialogue with these specific bloggers and the company, created an Apple & Eve YouTube page with its 30 second commercial spot, wrote a Wikipedia page about Apple & Eve
- Constantly checked Facebook, Twitter, company websites, and other social media spaces to better understand new social media trends and concepts; created a report on Facebook, Twitter, and blogger reviews of its new product Fruitables
- Reviewed, interviewed, and met with numerous social media tool sites to determine which one Apple & Eve should use and presented my findings and suggestions to the entire marketing department
- Created a PowerPoint presentation that analyzed the competitive activity of other juice companies in the social media environment and listed recommendations of what Apple & Eve should be doing in this realm
TRACTENBERG&CO New York, NY
Tractenberg&Co is a full-service PR agency that maximizes publicity opportunities and editorial presence for their clients 6/2008-8/2008
to increase brand awareness.
Public Relations Intern
- Monitored three consumer health/beauty accounts using Google News, Yahoo! News, Factiva, and Radian 6 to manage the conversation about each brand and product
- Summarized each media hit for each account and sent a weekly report to the client; compiled each media hit into a spreadsheet to capture every hit, the impression numbers, and the estimated value of the coverage
- Stuffed press kits for media events; researched newspaper and magazine articles for client mentions; assisted in drafting press releases
- Mailed samples of products from my assigned accounts to various magazine writers and editors
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NORTH SHORE SCHOOLS Glen Head, NY
The PR Director of North Shore Schools manages the communication between the five North Shore School districts 9/2008- 6/2009
Public Relations Intern
- Wrote articles and press releases for the school newspaper and school district website
- Took pictures and videos of North Shore Schools events and uploaded them to the website and submitted them to the newspaper
- Interviewed teachers, students, and coaches at each of the North Shore School District events
- Interviewed students and faculty of North Shore High School and compiled a video that highlighted the uniqueness of each department and how that has contributed to a diverse education; was shown to North Shore Administrators at a Board Meeting
The Voice is a magazine produced by UW students that includes photos, articles, and interviews and is published twice a year Madison, WI Writer/Advertiser 1/2009-Present
- Wrote two articles for The Voice that were published and dispersed around UW Campus; copy-edited all articles published
- Sought advertisements and donations from local businesses
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Ad Club, PRSSA, Retail Club, DLS Committee.
Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority: Assistant Philanthropy Chair, VP Programming.
High School: Secretary of Key Club, PR Director of Amnesty International, National Honor Society, Peer Leader, Light and Sound Director, Tutored and Volunteered 4 hours a week.
Summer Programs: Academic Program at University of Michigan. Took classes in Journalism, Advertising, and Psychology.
Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, SPSS